ENTJ (Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Judging) is one of the sixteen personality types of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test.
ENTJs are natural leaders and strategists. Forceful and decisive, they enjoy nothing more than analyzing situations and coming up with plans, whether battle plans or business plans, to solve them.
ENTJs are naturally drawn to leadership positions, and can become resentful and unhappy if they’re forced to play second fiddle or if their authority is challenged. They can be curt and dismissive of others’ opinions, and rarely waste time considering the feelings of those around them.
But ENTJs’ determination and analytical abilities often propel them to great success in life. Here are some of history’s most famous people and celebrities who fall into the ENTJ type.
Politics is a natural outlet for ENTJs’ ambitions, although their difficulty in compromising can be a stumbling block.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, U.S. President. source
- Richard M. Nixon, U.S. President. source
- Alexander Hamilton, U.S. Founder. source
- Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister. source
- Margaret Thatcher, British Prime Minister. source
- Elizabeth I, Queen of England. source
- Julius Caesar, Roman general and Emperor. source
- Napoleon Bonaparte, Italian-French general, emperor, and king. source
- Angela Merkel, German chancellor. source
- Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, Turkish President. source
- Newt Gingrich, U.S. Speaker of the House. source
- Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Speaker of the House. source
- Karl Rove, U.S. political strategist. source
- Rahm Emanuel, U.S. White House chief of staff and mayor of Chicago. source
- Aung San Suu Kyi, Burmese democracy activist. source
- Hermann Goering, German military and political leader. source
- Hannibal Barca, Carthaginian general. source
- Rush Limbaugh, U.S. radio host and activist. source
ENTJs can also be highly effective entrepreneurs.
- Bill Gates, U.S. entrepreneur and philanthropist. source
- Warren Buffett, U.S. investor. source
- Steve Jobs, U.S. entrepreneur. source
- Jack Welch, U.S. CEO. source
ACTORS & PERFORMERS
ENTJ actors work hard to advance their careers and never miss an opportunity.
- George Clooney, U.S. actor. source
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Austrian actor and politician. source
- Harrison Ford, U.S. actor. source
- Jim Carrey, U.S. comedian and actor. source
- Charlize Theron, South African actress. source
- Robert Downey Jr., U.S. actor. source
- Dwayne Johnson, U.S. wrestler and actor. source
- Matt Damon, U.S. actor. source
- Patrick Stewart, English actor. source
- Jay Leno, U.S. comedian and talk show host. source
- Jamie Foxx, U.S. comedian and actor. source
- Steve Martin, U.S. comedian, writer, and actor. source
- Katharine Hepburn, U.S. actress. source
- David Letterman, U.S. comedian and talk show host. source
- Quentin Tarantino, U.S. director. source
- Steve Buscemi, U.S. actor. source
- Salma Hayek, Mexican-American actress. source
- Peter Sellers, English actor. source
- Penn Jillette, U.S. magician and actor. source
- William H. Macy, U.S. actor. source
- Candace Bergen, U.S. actress. source
- Richard Dean Anderson, U.S. actor. source
ENTJs aren’t natural scientists — they’re doers rather than thinkers. Some do achieve prominence in this field, however.
- Carl Sagan, U.S. astronomer. source
- Werner von Braun, German engineer. source
- Edward Teller, Hungarian physicist. source
- Murray Rothbard, U.S. economist. source
ENTJs are great field generals, particularly suited to being coaches or quarterbacks.
- Vince Lombardi, U.S. football coach. source
- Steve Young, U.S. quarterback. source
- Greg Maddux, U.S. pitcher. source
- Boomer Esiason, U.S. quarterback and broadcaster. source
- Ryne Sandberg, U.S. second baseman. source
- Pau Gasol, Spanish power forward/center. source
- Garry Kasparov, Russian chess grandmaster. source
ENTJ writers tend to focus on positive, inspiring books.
Whatever type of music they produce, ENTJ musicians are always determined to be the best.
- Adele, English singer. source
- Gene Simmons, U.S. rock musician. source
- Ice-T, U.S. rapper and actor. source
- David Geffen, U.S. music and film producer. source
- Steve Vai, U.S. guitarist. source
Just for fun, here are some characters from movies, TV, and books who fit the ENTJ type!
- King Claudius from Hamlet. source
- Falstaff from Shakespeare’s histories. source
- Lex Luthor, Superman’s arch-enemy. source
- Tom Riddle, aka Lord Voldemort from the Harry Potter books and movies. source
- Imperator Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road. source
- Tywin Lannister from Game of Thrones. source
- Claire and Frank Underwood from House of Cards. source
- Princess Leia Organa of Star Wars. source
- Lady Mary Crawley of Downton Abbey. source
- Irene Adler, Sherlock Holmes’s foil from Elementary and Sherlock. source
- Raymond Reddington from The Blacklist. source